At Lumos & Associates, we hire and mentor great talent to serve our local communities. Our highly collaborative work environment allows for problem solvers to flourish in our family-focused work environment. With experts in civil and structural engineering, survey, construction management, geotechnical and landscape architecture, Lumos provides the unique opportunity for deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the engineering process.
Lumos’ highly collaborative approach to projects benefits not only our clients, but our internal teams as they deepen their understanding of all our services and comprehensive approach to projects.
Founded in 1978, by Paul Lumos, Lumos & Associates has been committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Lumos & Associates has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Northern Nevada.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation, and a complete package of benefits.
We are inspired problem solvers building a legacy of excellence in our communities.
About The Position
The Survey Technician will be a vital member of the Surveying Team and will help gather preliminary information for any field surveys and perform calculations for fieldwork. This position includes both office and field duties.
- Execute field and office work for topographic surveys, locating evidence of boundaries, construction surveys, 3-D scanning, setting aerial control, UAV flights, bathymetric surveys, and any other duties that may be associated with the project.
- Conduct initial research of record title information, project control, reviewing construction documents and plans.
- Prepare basemaps and compilation maps as directed.
- Prepare record maps and plats as directed.
- Perform calculations to be used in the field.
- Research, review and compile deeds, easements and other documents as directed.
- Be a field representative of the company which includes professional knowledge of the trade, appearance and attitude.
- Perform fieldwork independently, responsibly and accurately.
- Assist the Party Chief as directed.
- Maintain field and office equipment.
- Keep adequate survey supplies stocked in the survey truck.
- Inventory and maintain equipment for use by survey party, including vehicles, electronics and field supplies.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the survey team, taking direction from the lead surveyor and instructing and assisting subordinates but working independently when needed.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report any safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) with a strong background in mathematics.
- Two or more years of experience as a Survey Technician, preferred.
- Experience using surveying instruments. Trimble surveying equipment & Total Station knowledge is a plus.
- Attentive to details; ability to produce neat legible field notes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Trimble TBC and Civil 3D, preferred.
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete work within required time frames with regard to deadlines.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.