About The Position
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with Structural Engineering (SE) Licensure in the State of Nevada and/or California.
In this role, the Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for the production of their own projects. The projects will be varied in nature and will include the design of Building Structures, Industrial Structures, Process Equipment & Machinery Support Structures, and Civil Structures, as well as Engineering Studies reports. The Senior Structural Engineer will provide project leadership on complex projects, provide quality control reviews, and be prepared to provide Engineer of Record responsibilities for work performed by others.
- Provide support to Project Manager and Division Director to make sure engineering requirements are completed in accordance with project deadlines.
- Produce Schematic Design, Design Development, and For Construction documents, along with supporting calculations and specifications for assigned projects.
- Check structural submittals such as shop drawings, bidding questions, and the answering of contractor generated Requests for Information.
- Perform site visits for structural observations of essential facilities may be required on some projects as dictated by the current building code.
- Prepare reports for Engineering Studies Projects such as Seismic Studies, Forensic Investigations & Evaluations, and Damage & Failure Assessments.
- Complete design assignments related to upgrades and restoration of existing buildings or structures.
- Manage multiple projects with deadlines, preparing technical condition reports, repair design of existing structures, bid documents, addenda, change orders and other construction documentation.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- As assigned, be in responsible charge and oversight of projects performed by Staff and Project Level Engineers.
- Work closely with and provide mentoring to Staff and Project Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
- Structural Engineering (SE) Licensure in the State of Nevada and/or California
- Minimum of 5 years of structural design experience.
- Experience in the design of Timber, Steel, Masonry and Concrete Structures.
- Proficiency in FEM structural engineering design software.
- Experience in Linear and Non-Linear dynamic analysis of structures, a plus.
- AutoCAD and Revit experience, a plus.
- Ability to write project reports.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.