About The Position
The Project Surveyor will be responsible for assisting the Survey Manager in completing survey mapping projects as well as providing construction surveying services. This position is primarily office oriented but may require occasional field work. This demanding and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with experience in client service and all phases of surveying including experience in project delivery.
- Calculate and draft record mapping including, Final Subdivision Maps, Parcel Maps, Records of Surveys, and ALTA/ACSM Surveys.
- Perform office calculations for construction surveying projects, including quality assurance and quality control reviews of field work performed.
- Assist with remote sensing projects including 3D scanning, aerial photogrammetry (either conventional fixed wing or drone), and bathymetric surveys.
- Serve as the project technical expert and assist staff with resolution of technical problems.
- Mentor and train survey staff in the use of equipment and proper field techniques.
- Assist in providing direction and scheduling for field technicians and office staff.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, estimates for projects, and maintaining client relationships.
- Perform title and records research.
- Coordinate with other internal and external teams to execute project scope and schedule as established by the Survey Manager.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics, or related STEM program is preferred.
- A Nevada Professional Land Surveying license, or the ability to obtain one within a reasonable timeframe.
- Minimum of four years of experience in land surveying.
- The ability to produce survey deliverables independently with structured guidance and support.
- Experience communicating and navigating local agency requirements.
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete work within required time frames with regard to deadlines.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Civil 3D, and Trimble Business Center.
- Valid driver’s license and able to pass driving record check.