About The Position
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with expertise in water/wastewater design projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local public works projects and clients. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
If you have the following skills, apply today and grow with Lumos:
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, control, financial performance, and timely completion of projects, and the delivery of projects/programs that are consistent with company strategies, commitments and goals. This position provides training, mentoring and project guidance for team members.
As a leadership position within the company, the Project Manager promotes and develops new and repeat business opportunities that are in alignment with Lumos & Associates strategies and goals.
- Provide supervision and guidance for overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters within team; consult with Group Manager and Engineering Director concerning unusual project situations, and obtains approvals as appropriate.
- Provide leadership in the development of new business and promoting repeat and referral business with existing clients in alignment with company strategies and goals; participates in networking events and business development meetings.
- Prepare and review project proposals, qualification statements, promotional materials, and professional services agreements; responsible for preparation, obtaining internal and external approvals, and managing final execution and subsequent amendments.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, oversee, and direct team during the execution of projects in responsible charge.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and delegating responsibility to less-senior level staff; provides daily “on-the-job” training for team members.
- Serve as primary contact with clients; foster culture of effective internal and external communication between Client and team members.
- Develop and implement project schedules and resource management that facilitates timely performance.
- Manage project budget; communicate budget allocation to staff for their respective assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 6-10 years of related engineering design and management experience.
- Nevada P.E. license, or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months.
- Experience working in and managing a diverse staff in multiple disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills including public/client presentations.
- Excellent technical writing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and civil design software is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.