About The Position
We are currently seeking a Project Designer or Engineering Technician to support the Engineering Team in the Fallon, NV office. The Project Designer/Engineering Technician will produce quality drawings, reports, and calculations for planning, landscape and architecture projects.
- Perform technical drafting support for assigned projects according to established standards and procedures.
- As directed, prepare engineering drawings using CAD/Civil 3D software.
- Assist with conceptual grading analyses and site layout.
- Prepare and compute, but not limited to due diligence/site analysis reports, engineer opinion of probable costs, utility computations, detention/retention computations, and civil design.
- Assist in production of final civil design drawings.
- Prepare permit applications for applicable municipal agencies.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator/Project Manager to ensure client specific demands are being met.
- Coordinate with outside utility companies and municipalities to gather information necessary for design.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, cost estimates, and permitting documents.
- Ensure that project files, reports, correspondence and application are organized within the project folder.
- Manage project drawing files in the network system.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering field preferred.
- Minimum two years related experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/ PowerPoint).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record.