Whether you are applying for a specific job opening listed below or would simply like us to keep your information in our resume database for future openings, you can apply directly to Lumos & Associates via the email, fax or mail information provided below.
If you are from out of town, and would like to learn more about our region's livability, arts, culture, entertainment, and more - and, why we love to live and work here, please visit www.whyreno.org
CLICK HERE to email your resume to Debby Hunter, Human Resources.
Insert or attach your resume as a Word document or PDF file.
Fax your resume to Debby Hunter, Human Resources at (775) 827-6122
Mail your resume to Debby Hunter, Human Resources at:
Lumos & Associates
9222 Prototype Drive
Reno, NV 89521
Lumos & Associates is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Marketing Team as the Marketing Coordinator. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and enjoy working on various projects at once. This full-time position in Reno is responsible for writing, editing, designing and production of proposals for our civil and structural engineering, surveying, geotechnical and construction services divisions. Lumos has four offices in northern Nevada and the Marketing Department supports each office in events, community outreach, social media and proposal coordination. As Marketing Coordinator you have the opportunity to work with all divisions of Lumos & Associates across all offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, graphic design or related field required.
- 2 – 3 years experience in graphic design and proposal production with a strong background in Adobe Cloud, especially InDesign and Photoshop (required).
- Technical writing and editing experience or certification preferred.
Clean driving record is required. Work-Life balance with a great family culture is a huge priority at Lumos! Salary DOE.
Senior Structural Engineer
Lumos & Associates is very excited to publish a full-time leadership position available in our Structural Division in our Reno office, leading a team that provides structural engineering services on diverse projects throughout the western US. The successful candidate will lead and grow an amazing team of engineers, project designers, and technicians with a team-based focus on providing excellent service to our clients.
If you are a motivated structural engineer looking for a long-term opportunity to manage an amazing team and if you have the following qualifications, please contact us today:
- SE License in the State of Nevada, or the ability to attain one within 6 months * Proficiency in computer design software programs including RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, and Enercalc.
- 8+ years of experience in leadership, management, and business development within the structural engineering field.
- 10+ years of experience in general structural design in the industrial, educational, public and private sectors.
- Capable of leading a team in all phases of projects including client development, proposal preparation, seismic design, bidding assistance, and construction administration. Must have ability to solve complex design problems using engineering calculations and general design standards, and to apply concepts learned through required education and prior professional experience. Must be familiar with the International Building Code.
- Monitor the Division budgets, schedules, and accuracy for design documents for all projects, set goals and objectives for the department, and have good relations with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills are required, as well as an ability to manage teams on multiple projects.
Project Manager/Senior Engineer, Engineering
Our team of dynamic problem solvers is looking to add a Project Manager or a well-qualified Senior Engineer with a desire for growth into project management in our Carson City office located in the heart of Downtown. If your passion is helping create a better tomorrow through design, Lumos & Associates is where you can grow as a professional and individual. Lumos & Associates has been recognized as a Best Places to Work award winner by the Northern Nevada Human Resources Association, and our culture encourages flexibility and allows professionals to tackle and succeed in a variety of projects that improve the community we live in.
A qualified candidate will have the following:
- 5-8 years of general civil design with project management experience.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills are required, as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks and a design team.
- Proficiency in computer design software programs including AutoDesk Civil 3D.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or equivalent, and P.E. License in the State of Nevada.
- Clean driving record.
Civil Engineers / Project Designers
Lumos may have great opportunities in the near future to step forward in your engineering career, practice or pursue your licensure while interacting with professionals, providing creative sound designs that clients and agencies are proud of; and, become an integral part of a dynamic, family culture. Lumos is growing and we have a healthy backlog of public and private projects.
In order to fill these positions, depending on experience, qualified candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- 2-8 years of general civil design (an emphasis on land development is a strong plus).
- Must be capable of organizing and completing all phases of projects including proposal, design, submittal, agency coordination and review process, bidding assistance, and construction administration.
- Must have the ability to solve design problems using engineering calculations and general design standards, and to apply concepts learned through required education and prior professional experience to complete project related tasks.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills are required, as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in computer design software programs including AutoDesk Civil 3D.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or equivalent, and P.E. License in the State of Nevada, or the ability to attain within 6 months.
- Clean driving record.
Current Job Openings
Benefits Package for Full-Time Employees
All the Benefits You'd Expect. And Then Some.
— Paid Time Off
— Company-paid benefits:
• 3 Medical options
• Health savings account with employer contributions
• Flexible spending account
• Short-term disability
• Long-term disability
• Life insurance
— 401(k) with 25% match
— Employee Assistance Program
— Supplemental Insurance – Aflac
— Employee Referral Reward Program
— Professional Development
— Internship program with University of Nevada, Reno
— Work-Life balance with a great family culture and flexibility is a huge priority at Lumos!
Hear what our employees have to say about Lumos.
"Lumos is a place where integrity is paramount, coworker interaction is dynamic, and the management philosophy is client and employee centered. We are here to make a profit by filling needs better than anyone else. We are here to help you." - Billy
"Lumos provides high quality engineering services and demonstrates the utmost professionalism with clients. I love the variety of interesting and challenging projects that Lumos consistently acquires. The comradery between employees and the family-oriented atmosphere that Lumos promotes is outstanding. What I admire most about Lumos is the work-life balance that is encouraged. It is great working with professionals that also exhibit enthusiasm for spending time outdoors, exploring beyond our office walls." - Jason
"Working with Lumos, feels like I am working with my family. The people I work with are awesome. It is run very smoothly, no stress, no running around crazy trying to get a submittal out, no late nights working till 2am. I love it! The benefit package is great. My first day working with Lumos I was asked if I ride my bike to work. I was like, "No, I live in Gardnerville. Why?" Well I guess he lived in Reno and it was, Ride Your Bike to Work Week at Lumos. This company by far is the most entertaining, down to earth, good, fun group of people I have ever worked with. When I started at Lumos I was going through a very hard time in my life and this tight-knit group put a smile back on my face and the new beginning I needed." - Rachel
"My second summer with Lumos & Associates best exemplifies why I love working here. Over the course of two weeks in September I inspected the replacement of a water main on a reservation, directed the placement of road markings in downtown, sampled and tested concrete on a runway for fighter jets, and worked on the design of 4 miles of pipeline in the North Valleys. Since day one at Lumos I have felt welcomed, encouraged, and valued." - Mauricio
"Fresh out of college, I came to Lumos with very little "real world experience." My fellow coworkers not only welcomed me to the Lumos community, but also encouraged and motivated me to be more than just "the new kid." Five years later, I continue to grow beside my Lumos family and strive to be an inspiration to every new employee that walks through our doors." - Lexy
"I have two favorite things about working at Lumos: the people and the variety of work. I have had the opportunity to work with project managers with a wealth of knowledge and professionalism who always make time to explain the industry practices and procedures that you don't learn in school. The project designers are enthusiastic about the work we do and always willing to teach me something new about AutoCAD. Our clients come from both the private and public sectors, which keeps the work flow dynamic - it's hard not to learn something new every day! Best of all is the fun after work at the Donner Lake picnic, Reno-Tahoe Odyssey, and Saturday morning snowshoeing, to name only a few of the events that keep life outside of work interesting." - Cindy
"When I first started at Lumos I knew they were a tight-knit environment. I started with no real expectations to grow but now I can say that after being here they have shown that they are eager to watch people grow within and will help them to do so. The progress in the years to come will be exciting." - Ashley
"I enjoy working at Lumos because the staff is always cheerful and happy to be here. A morning cup of coffee is shared with co-workers as we contemplate the day's goals ahead or just share some news, or current events. As one who tends to focus on task, I appreciate the "go home" encouragements at the end of the day, helping keep the work-life balance in check. The mix of projects that I get to work on are a big part of keeping my enthusiasm on a high note. The benefits are excellent, and exceed other companies' offerings that I've worked for in the past. Company outings and events outside of work hours also contribute to overall satisfaction. I look forward to the next few years of work coming down the tracks!" - Marc
"Lumos is an amazing company for which to work! I am often challenged to expand and grow in my position, while also being surrounded by strong mentorship and fellowship. I consider my colleagues to be friends. We work diligently together and also enjoy each other's company outside of work." - Brian
Lumos one of the “Best Places to Work” 2017
Lumos & Associates was a finalist in the 2017 Northern Nevada Best Places to Work program and event hosted by Northern Nevada Human Resources Association (NNHRA) in the Medium Business category. The Best Places to Work program was established to recognize companies and organizations in Northern Nevada who deliver an outstanding work experience.
To qualify for Best Places to Work, a certain percentage (dependent on company size) of all employees were required to fill out a 30-question survey, provided by the program. From those surveys, 90% had to be positive reviews. This collection of information was used to assist in evaluating the workplace environment. The program helps to provide employers with feedback and insight into employee engagement, leadership development, employee recognition, recruitment, manager involvement, turnover, and retention.
We are honored to make this year’s list of finalists. Our determined, energetic, and passionate employees truly make Lumos one of the best places to work!