At Lumos & Associates, we hire and mentor great talent to serve our local communities. Our highly collaborative work environment allows for problem solvers to flourish in our family-focused work environment. With experts in civil and structural engineering, survey, construction management, geotechnical and landscape architecture, Lumos provides the unique opportunity for deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the engineering process.
Lumos’ highly collaborative approach to projects benefits not only our clients, but our internal teams as they deepen their understanding of all our services and comprehensive approach to projects.
Founded in 1978, by Paul Lumos, Lumos & Associates has been committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Lumos & Associates has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Northern Nevada.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation, and a complete package of benefits.
We are inspired problem solvers building a legacy of excellence in our communities.
About The Position
The Survey Party Chief will be a vital member of the Surveying Team and will oversee and lead all aspects of survey field work for boundary, topography, and construction projects. The Survey Party Chief will be responsible for directing others on the field crew. This position is responsible for the coordination and management of all field data.
- Oversee the safety of the survey field crew.
- Direct and assist survey crew in the performance of their assignments.
- Download and compile field data sketches; and check raw field data.
- Quality control of all field survey documents, including field notes, sketches, plans, etc.
- Perform the necessary calculations to provide field checks on data acquired.
- Operate all typical instrumentation used by a survey field crew to include robotic total stations, electronic levels, GNSS receivers, 3D scanners, UAV’s and other equipment deemed necessary.
- Maintain company issued equipment within the industry standards and tolerances of accuracy and precision.
- Ensure that survey crew conducts itself in a professional, responsible manner at all times.
- Provide coordination with the project manager, utility providers, local public agencies, and the general public.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report any safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus three years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus one year related experience is required.
- Experience should include two years as a Survey Technician or similar role.
- CST Level IV and/or LSIT preferred.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficiency using Trimble GNSS equipment, robotic total stations, and other survey field equipment.
- Ability to operate an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), utilize a 3D scanner, and operate a remote bathymetric sounding boat.
- Strong math skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to give training and work direction to others.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and engineering drawings.
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete work, this would include working outside “normal working” hours and weekends.