At Lumos & Associates, we hire and mentor great talent to serve our local communities. Our highly collaborative work environment allows for problem solvers to flourish in our family-focused work environment. With experts in civil and structural engineering, survey, construction management, geotechnical and landscape architecture, Lumos provides the unique opportunity for deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the engineering process.
Founded in 1978, by Paul Lumos, Lumos & Associates has been committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Lumos & Associates has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Northern Nevada.
About The Position
The Land Survey Intern will primarily work in the field and provide office support as needed. This is an opportunity to contribute in an engaging and creative environment while developing skills in a professional atmosphere. The Land Survey Intern will gain practical experience with opportunities to develop skills through exposure to projects start to finish from in-field surveys and design process.
What to Expect
- AutoCAD drafting
- Prepare transmittal’s, mailing(s)
- Upload, download and manage survey data
- Property line & utility research
- General office support when needed
- Assist crew leader with construction layout
- Other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an associate or bachelor's degree with an emphasis on surveying from an accredited program
- Self-starter, results oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious and ability to take initiative and risks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative and showcase curiosity, learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Experience and proficient in Microsoft office tools/programs
- Attentive to details; ability to produce neat legible field notes
- Willing to work in the field with the understanding of the elements of being outdoors
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record