About The Position
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Designer to produce high-quality work related to public works and private development projects. This is a position for a currently unlicensed civil engineering program graduate who is looking to gain design experience as they work toward licensure as a professional engineer. This demanding and fast paced position will require a personable candidate who can multi-task and who enjoys working on a variety of projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project Engineers to complete design tasks and drawings for assigned projects.
- Work from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays, and completed drawings.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to plan and design projects as needed to support the needs of Project Managers.
- Confer with planning, engineering and design staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
- Understand and follow company standard AutoCAD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of related engineering design experience.
- E.I./E.I.T. Certification, preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of private development and public infrastructure design plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Access).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.