About The Position
The Construction Engineer will be a vital member of the Construction Services Team, helping to manage infrastructure and public projects that are being constructed to better our communities. This role will ensure that the constructed improvements on projects like highways and streets, water and sewer lines, or any public project, meet or exceed the project plans and specifications. The Construction Engineer will ensure that all assigned duties are performed professionally, efficiently and according to the established departmental and company policies, procedures, and goals.
- Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of construction projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
- Perform functions of an Owners Representative on various public and private construction projects.
- Prepare and facilitate weekly Construction Progress Meetings.
- Receive, review, distribute and track submittals, RFI’s, CCA’s, CO’s, Pay Requests, etc.
- Conduct Certified Payroll Audits, Wage Interviews, and ensure labor compliance with the applicable provisions of NRS 338.
- Prepare Roadway Maintenance Designs and Roadway Reconstruction Designs in AutoCAD.
- Prepare construction project bid packages, contract documents and technical specifications.
- Prepare proposals, quantity take-offs, and budget estimates.
- Provide scheduling and general oversight of inspection and materials testing activities.
- Provide coordination with the project owner, utility providers, local public agencies, and the general public.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report any safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of related construction or engineering design experience, preferred.
- Nevada P.E. license, or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months, preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor, OSHA 10, ACI Field Technician – Grade 1, NAQTC Sampling & Density, Nuclear Gauge Use & Safety Training, ICC – Reinforced Concrete Inspector.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, StreetSaver or Paver, preferred.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction projects, i.e. Roadway and Street Construction, Utility (Water, sewer, electrical, communications, etc.), Road/Pavement Maintenance (Slurry Seal, Crack Seal, Chip/Cape Seal), Vertical Construction.
- Ability to effectively communicate between Owner, Contractor, Lumos Inspectors, Public Utilities, and the General Public.
- Be highly organized in processing and reviewing Submittals, RFI’s, Pay Requests, CCA’s, CO’s, Inspection Reports, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to assert confidence and authority in a construction setting.
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete work, this would include working outside “normal working’ hours and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.