- Geotechnical investigations
- Foundation investigations
- Geologic hazard investigations
- Fault studies
- Liquefaction analyses
- Construction recommendations
Providing a strong foundation. The foundation of a good design rests on a solid understanding of the underlying soils. Lumos & Associates’ geotechnical staff has the experience and the expertise to investigate and evaluate complex subsurface conditions.
We have performed geotechnical investigations for large municipal buildings, commercial and industrial developments, roads, utilities, tunnels, and pipelines. We are familiar with a wide range of geotechnical stabilization techniques, including piles, reinforced earth mats, retaining walls, geotextile fabrics, and geogrids that are designed to save our clients money while providing a strong foundation for their projects.
Portfolio of Geotechnical Projects
- NDOT Maintenance Buildings Expansion & New ConstructionFernley & Fallon, NV
- Keystone Student Housing DevelopmentReno, NV
- I-580 Freeway Extension, Fisher Industries and NDOTWashoe County, NV
- Quail Hollow Milk Drying Plant (Ongoing)Fallon, NV
- Fallon Naval Air Station, Warrior Fitness CenterFallon, NV
- Eureka Airport Runway 18/36Eureka County Public Works, NV
Featured Project [ Geotechnical ]
NDOT Maintenance Buildings Expansion & New Construction
Fernley & Fallon, NV
About the Project
Lumos served as a subconsultant to GML Architects providing engineering and related services for the expansion of the vehicle maintenance building and construction of a new vehicle storage building at NDOT's Fernley Maintenance Station in addition to the vehicle storage building expansion at the NDOT Fallon Maintenance Station. Site modifications at theFernley project included civil design services, re-routing of the water and sewer services to accommodate a new 6,000 sf vehicle storage building. The Fallon project included civil design services associated with the expansion of the existing vehicle maintenance facility. Lumos provided topographic surveying, a geotechnical investigation, civil design documents, construction documents, and bidding and construction assistance for both locations.